- What is Psi Chi?: Psi Chi is an honor society for outstanding psychology majors. Membership to Psi Chi is based Psychology GPA and overall GPA.
- Purpose and Mission of Psi Chi: Psi Chi seeks to honor academic achievement in psychology as well as promote creativity that furthers the field. Members are encouraged to conduct undergraduate research and take advantage of the many opportunities available to psychology majors at the University of Kentucky (PSY 395, PSY 399, PSY 495/496, PSY 499).
- Benefits of membership: Psi Chi members have the opportunity to earn research funding, scholarships, and become a published author. More information on these great opportunities may be found on the official Psi Chi website listed above.
Becoming a member: Spring 2019 requirements:
3.2 overall GPA
3.0 Psychology GPA
Must be at least a second semester sophomore
- To join Psi Chi, please apply at the PSI CHI membership application page, and email Dr. Steven Arthur a copy of your transcript at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Arthur's office can be found in Kastle Hall (Room 201).
- Deadline to apply for Fall 2019: October 14, 2019
UK Chapter of Psi Chi
Founded in 1961 the UK chapter is in place to produce well-educated, ethical and socially responsible members committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
U.K. CHAPTER OFFICERS (2019-2020):
Presidents: Dalton House & Dylan Baker
Vice President: Jenna Jodts
Mentorship Coordinator: Nikki Wickens
Treasurer: Samantha Heighter
Some Chapter Activities Include:
Monthly chapter meetings with guest speakers on topics such as:
The GRE, getting into graduate school, career areas;Membership drive each fall and spring semesters;
Movie night; Service projects; Fundraisers for chapter;